If you are planning a vacation this year and want to try something different, here are the top ten vacation spots. One of these places is sure to fit the type of vacation you are planning, whether it's to relax, have an adventure, a romantic getaway, or a family fun vacation.
1. Las Vegas- Over the years, the reputation of Las Vegas has changed from Sin City to a more family oriented vacation spot. Today, Las Vegas has a little something for everyone. Whether your vacation is geared towards gambling at a casino, live shows and entertainment such as Cirque du Soleil or a Gondola Ride at the Bellagio, or just shopping at the outlets and designer stores, Las Vegas can give you the experience of a lifetime, whatever your goal and budget.
2. Mexico- There are many Mexico vacation packages available that offer a perfect combination of historical interest, beaches, and the crazy night life. Mexico has various beautiful landscapes, including mountains, deserts, tropical jungles, and quaint villages and resorts for tourists. Try the favorite vacation spots of Acapulco and Guadalajara.
3. Hawaii- This is an obvious vacation pick because of its warm hospitality, stunning volcanoes, but first of all for its beautiful beaches. There are plenty of tourist spots on the islands, but try to really experience the island by hiking the volcanoes or by flying over the islands in a helicopter. You could even visit macadamia nut fields and see other beautiful island scenery.
4. Los Angeles, California- This city is home to Hollywood, and you are sure to spot a celebrity during your stay. Due to the beautiful Californian sunshine year round, it is the home of a large number of celebrities, and is the center of the TV and movie industry. You can take a tour of the stars' homes or visit the bohemian zones. Since Los Angeles is also a popular spot for immigrants, there are plenty of different and even authentic cuisine restaurants ranging from Chinese to Mexican. A Los Angeles trip really has something for everyone.
5. Haute Route, Swiss Alps- If you want an adventure for your honeymoon or other vacation, Switzerland holds the famous Swiss Alps hiking adventure. Take the traditional Haute Route to see the largest mountain in Western Europe, the Matterhorn. A vacation with the Swiss will provide you plenty of culture, adventure, and warm hospitality.
6. New York City- Whether you are from abroad or a US citizen, visiting New York is something that everyone should do at least once in their life. For the City that Never Sleeps, New York is truly a sight to behold. Be sure to take the time to visit the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, and the Empire State Building. If you do not catch a Broadway play while you are there, you better plan for a trip back. With the near uncounted number of activities you can do and things you can see, you will probably leave feeling that you have only scratched the surface.
7. Aruba- Travelers love the sunny climate of Aruba, which boasts an 82 degree temperature on the white sandy beaches for most of the year. On the western and southern coasts you'll find a lot of sheltered beaches. This spot is a great alternative to the Caribbean and a perfect secluded honeymoon spot. January and February may be the best months for an Aruba vacation because that is when the carnival season starts, which ends with a grand parade.
8. Thailand- This country is named The Land of Smiles because you are welcomed by friendly people for whatever smiling service to visitors is a great pleasure. Thailand has a lot to offer visitors. Whatever you are looking for, you will be fascinated by the ancient civilization and the glorious culture. There are wonderful sights, including exotic open-air markets and sparkling temples. There are endless souvenirs and cuisine at bargain prices. You can vacation for dirt cheap in Thailand, and even visit a luxurious health spa to regenerate your body and psyche. Also try to relax on a golden beach and enjoy the tropical sunshine and deep turquoise sea. Be sure to carefully plan your vacation so that you do not get lost or swindled in this exotic country.
9. Machu Picchu in Peru- Hikers and tourists have visited the fascinating Inca civilization since its discovery in the early 1900s. Many call the experience magical. You can travel to another time by visiting the Inca temples and villages. Blending in with the hillside itself, many say the area creates a seamless and elegant green paradise, making it a must for anyone who travels to Peru.
10. France- The country has a lot of beautiful attractions and cultural structures to visit. It is bustling with activity, full of large cities like Paris and beautiful small villages and vineyard country side. The countryside still holds a strong impression of Old World feelings and hospitality. There are plenty of memorable places to visit and food to taste in France.